For more information about our refund process, including instructions for requesting a refund, please visit our Learner Help Center.
For Month-to-Month Subscriptions
Zynergize does not offer refunds for payments made on a Semester plan. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your tuition before your 7-day free trial ends or classes begin. If you complete a course during the free trial period, Zynergize reserves the right to require you to pay for a one-month subscription in order to receive a Course and/or Specialization Certificate.
Your semester will continue on every three month basis on degree program and if a certificate is by month and days which ever come first, unless and until you cancel your tuition or the certificate program is suspended or discontinued by Zynergize. For semester to individual Specializations, Zynergize will automatically discontinue your tuition at the end of the monthly period during which you earn a Specialization Certificate for the Specialization, unless you have subscribed through a third party marketplace that restricts Zynergize ability to do so — e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store. Please visit the third party marketplace for information regarding their policies.
You must cancel your tuition before your monthly renewal date to avoid the next billing.
If you cancel your tuition, cancellation will be effective at the end of the current monthly period; you will have continued access to your classes for the remainder of that period, but you will not receive a refund.
For 6-Month Certificate Program
Zynergize does not offer refunds for 6-month certificate payments. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your tuition before your 7-day free trial ends.
Your tuition will continue for 6 months and then automatically renew unless and until you cancel your classes or the classes is suspended or discontinued by Zynergize.
If you cancel your classes, you will continue to have access until the end of the 6-month period and will not be billed for the next billing cycle.
For 12-Month Subscriptions
Zynergize does not offer refunds for 12-month subscription payments. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your classes before your 7-day free trial ends.
Your classes will continue for 12 months and then automatically renew unless and until you cancel your classes or the classes is suspended or discontinued by Zynergize.
If you cancel your classes, you will continue to have access until the end of the 12-month period and will not be billed for the next billing cycle.
For Course and Specialization Purchases
If you cancel your paid enrollment for a course, Zynergize will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment, or until you have earned your Course Certificate, whichever is earlier. If you pre-enroll and pay for a course, Zynergizewill offer you a complete refund until 14 days after the course launches or until you have earned your Course Certificate, whichever is earlier. For avoidance of doubt, once you have earned a Course Certificate with your payment, you are not eligible for a refund, even if it is within 14 days. If you do not earn your Course Certificate within 180 days, your registration will expire and you will need to pay to re-enroll for the course. However, if you’re taking a course through your company or organization (e.g. Zynergize for Business, Refugees or Government), then you can earn your certificate as long as your company’s contract with Zynergize is active and your access has not expired in accordance with the terms of that contract. Similarly, refunds and cancellations will also be governed by the terms of that contract between your organization and Zynergize.
If you cancel your one-time, paid enrollment for a Specialization, Zynergize will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment, or until you earn a Course Certificate or degree for any course in the Specialization, whichever is earlier. If you pre-enroll and pay for the Specialization, Zynergize will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after the first course in the Specialization launches or until you have earned your first Course Certificate or degree for any course in the Specialization, whichever is earlier. If you earned your first Course Certificate for any course in the Specialization within 14 days, you are not eligible for a refund. Unless otherwise indicated as part of the sign-up process, you have one year after you purchase a Specialization to complete the Specialization.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, shorter refund periods may apply to specific courses and Specializations (e.g., for courses that are part of the UCI Professional Certificate in Applied Project Management, you will only be eligible for a full refund until seven days after your payment date). In these cases, the shorter period will be stated as part of the sign-up process for the course or Specialization.
For Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for a Service, Zynergize has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.
Third Party Marketplaces
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you purchase or subscribe for a course or Specialization, or purchase any other paid Service, through a third party marketplace (e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store or purchases made through certain alternative payment services), the refund policy applicable to that third party marketplace will apply, unless otherwise explicitly stated by Zynergize. Except as otherwise explicitly stated by Zynergize, the third party marketplace will be solely responsible for making refunds under its refund policy, and Coursera will have no refund obligations. Zynergize disclaims any responsibility or liability related to any third party marketplace’s refund policy or the third party’s compliance or noncompliance with such policy.
Purpose and Who We Are
What You Agree to by Using Our Site
- our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or
- where neither of the above apply, use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. Our legitimate interests are to:
- run, grow, and develop our business;
- operate our Site and provide our Services;
- select appropriately skilled and qualified suppliers;
- build relationships with partners and academic institutions;
- carry out research and statistical analysis;
- carry out marketing and business development; and
- for internal administrative and auditing purposes.
If we rely on our (or another person’s) legitimate interests for using your personal information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the other person’s) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of the personal information.
We may process your personal information, in some cases, for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent (which you may withdraw at any time after giving it, as described below).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by visiting your profile page and clicking the box to remove consent or delete your account and we will stop doing so. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to be able to provide our services to you.
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Site:
- Information relating to your use of our Site: When users come to our Site, we may track, collect, and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
- Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you or via third parties: We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update,or change information for your account, purchase products or services, complete a survey, sign up for email updates or Online Courses, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Online Courses or other services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services you select, send you updates about Online Courses offered by Coursera or other Coursera events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- Account Registration: If you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Updates: Zynergize may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Participation in Online Courses: Zynergize offers users the opportunity to participate in an Online Course on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
If you participate in an online course, we may collect from you certain student-generated content, such as assignments you submit to instructors, peer-graded assignments, and peer grading student feedback. We also collect course data, such as student responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams, and surveys. You should not include any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, on assignments, exams, or surveys, except for information required to participate or submit such assignments, exams, or surveys.
- Identity Verification: Coursera may offer you the ability to verify your identity for selected classes. In order to enroll for these services, you may be required to provide us or our third-party identity verification vendor with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, date of birth, a headshot taken using a webcam, and a photo identification document. Additionally, if you apply for financial aid in connection with these services, you may be required to provide information regarding your income.
- Communications with Coursera: We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
- Third Party Sites: We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log in to a third party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site.
- Surveys: We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us. This may include details about your race, your education history, and your employment.
- Partner sites: Partner sites providing Online Course related tools and services to Coursera users may collect nonfinancial individual level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while engaged with such Online Course related activities, and the partner sites may share that data with Zynergize for the purpose of improving Zynergize services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience. This data includes information such as the amount of time spent on the partner site and pages viewed.
- Third Party Credit Card Processing: Coursera provides you with the ability to pay for Online Courses and other services using a credit card through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not Zynergize– collects and processes your credit card information.
How We Use the Information
- Information relating to your use of our Site: We use information relating to your use of the Site to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use this information to ensure the security of our services and the Site.
- Providing the Site and our services: We use Personally Identifiable Information which you provide to us in order to allow you to access and use the Site and in order to provide any information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Technical support and security: We may use Personally Identifiable Information to provide technical support to you, where required, and to ensure the security of our services and the Site.
- Updates: We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or an Online Course. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Forums: You should not post any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, within a Forum post. If you choose to post Personally Identifiable Information, such Personally Identifiable Information may be collected during your use of the Forums. We may publish this information via extensions of our Platforms that use third-party services, like mobile applications. We reserve the right to reuse Forum posts that contain Personally Identifiable Information in future versions of the courses we offer, and to enhance future course offerings. We may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s), and/or provide it to the University partner, business partner, or the instructor(s) associated with the courses you have taken. We may also use or publish posts submitted on the Forums without using Personally Identification Information.
- Participation in Online Courses: We use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course through the Site for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress, and completion of an Online Course. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information and your performance in a given Online Course with the instructor or instructors who taught the course, with teaching assistants or other individuals designated by the instructor or instructors to assist with the creation, modification, or operation of the course, and with the institution or institutions with which they are affiliated. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Identity Verification: For services that require identity verification, we use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect for verifying your identity, and for authenticating that submissions made on the Site were made by you. This service may be provided through a third-party identity verification vendor. Your photo identification document will be deleted after successful verification of your profile information.
- Communications with Coursera Business Partners: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with University partners and other business partners of Zynergize so that Zynergize University partners and other business partners may share information about their products and services that may be of interest to you where they are legally entitled to do so.
- Research: We may share general course data (including quiz or assignment submissions, grades, and forum discussions), information about your activity on our Site, and demographic data from surveys operated by us with our University partners and other business partners so that our University partners and other business partners may use the data for research related to online education.
- Disclosure to Zynergize Operations and Maintenance Contractors: We use various service providers, vendors, and contractors (collectively, “Contractors”) to assist us in providing our products and services to you. Our Contractors may have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing their products or services to us, so that we in turn can provide our products and services to you. These Contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Site or the Online Course. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
- Disclosure to Acquirers: Synergize may disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to an acquirer, assignee, or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business, or assets of Zynergize to which your Personally Identifiable Information relates.
- e-Readers: If we receive any Personally Identifiable Information related to the extent to which you use designated e-Readers to access Coursera materials, we may archive it, and use it for research, business, or other purposes.